BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Want to know why I haven't been blogging?

It's because of this!:I made a quilt! Winter makes me feel like a shut-in, which in turn makes me feel unproductive (a huge buzz-kill for Virgos). So I took a class in something I've always wanted to learn: quilting. It was fascinating, fresh and fun. What's more, it has really inspired me to use my sewing machine more. This follows what I have noticed in the last few months--I need a project. Whether it be my blog, a book, or a sewing creation, I need something to get inspired by and to focus on beyond what type of diaper to buy. Some people meditate, but I just can't sit still that long.

Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory--General George Patton

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are--Bernice Johnson Reagon

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME, liz!! i'm so proud of you for going after something you've wanted to learn and not letting fear or intimidation stop you. it turned out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look great! In a few weeks when school is over I really need to get back to doing some sort of project, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete