BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ode to Living Each Day As It Comes




Not so long ago or very far away
I used to plan and peck and analyze
every single day

My life was not spontaneous
My life had little joy
But I believe that this all changed
around the time I had a little boy

For then life came much faster
I had not time to plan
I had to get used to
taking things at hand

And then there came another
and with chaos I've been hit
I admit at times
I've raged and thrown a fit
at the grand injustice
of never having things go my way
but lately I have realized
that I alone cannot shape my day

Each day is a present
I can open and behold
I sit back and let it ride
and try not to fit into a mold
of what I think is perfect
or what I think is right
My goal now is just to be
and sleep well throughout the night

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Liz! It's a scary thought for us Virgos to be out of control...but it's a lesson we must learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, thank you for sharing. I know exactly how you feel...
    Also, thank you for visiting my blog! I hope your computer will be fixed soon, and you can join the link party again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I love this..ahh..what a breathe of fresh air :)

    xoxo- rachel wright @
    www.theinspiredhouse.org

    ReplyDelete